Bula and welcome to the next instalment in our Where to Next series. This issue we are super excited to share the news that Fiji is open as of December 1, and can’t wait to welcome you back to her sunny shores. The happiness has not dissappeared, the smiles are even bigger, and the Bula, if at all possible, is even louder!
We know you have questions about how travel to Fiji will look post December 1, so have put together some current guidelines. Remember please that things do change and before you step on your plane, please also check with Tourism Fiji on their Q&A website for any updates beyond these.
Let’s have a look at what will be required of you to travel to Fiji:
- Travellers coming from a Fiji Travel Partner country do not require prior approval as of December 1. A list of Countries can be accessed here
- 72 hours prior to travel, all travellers 12+ require a negative PCR test and must show proof of that result
- If you have tested positive within 90 days of travel you must provide proof of isolation period and a fit to fly certificate from a medical practitioner
- Travellers under the age of 18 may travel if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian who are vaccinated
- You must wait 14 days following your vaccination before you can travel
- Accepted vaccines are Astra Zeneca, Moderna, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson
- You must produce a 3 day prepaid travel itinerary at a Care Fiji Commitment Partner along with a Care Fiji Commitment certified ground transfer company
- You must have stayed in a Travel Partner country for at least ten days prior to coming to Fiji
- You will be required to take a rapid Covid-19 test in Fiji 48 hours after arriving in the country
- Travellers must have medical travel insurance with international coverage that covers Covid-19 before travel.
As we told you last time, the Care Fiji Commitment, implemented by Tourism Fiji has been WHO approved to the highest standards of best practice health and safety measures. In recognition of this the World Travel and Tourism Council have declared Fiji a Safe Travels Destination. if you would like to read more about the Care Fiji Commitment and about Fiji Airways safe travel click back to our blog last week: Care Fiji Commitment and Flying safely with Fiji Airways.
Do you have Special Offers?
Too many to list here
We know you can’t wait to travel to Fiji – we can’t either. Many resorts have some super specials that are being advertised. Others have their year round specials as well as special re-opening offers. There are too many to share here, so we encourage you to call or email us to discuss the holiday you are looking for. As we always do we will talk with you, find out what you would like your holiday to look like, and design it accordingly.
Because of the way we design your holiday from the bottom up we do hope you are patient with us. We always want to design the very best for you, and are still getting back on track to full time days at our Fiji desks. We have been inundated with calls and emails, and are loving talking to our regular clients, our old friends, and our new clients too. Please be patient with us as we do our best to design your trip with our usual attention to detail. The wait will be worth it.
A note on Insurance
It is a requirement
We have always recommended Travel Insurance – now it is mandatory. Our team are able to quote Covermore Insurance for you and recommend you take the time to read their PDF of cover before you commit. Covermore will cover some Covid-19 related expenses, but not all. As everyone’s travelling needs are different, we recommend you speak with us about specific cover. Our team have completed the updated, Covid-19 training with Covermore and we can explain to you what is and isn’t covered for your trip to Fiji. Please do note that information we provide is general in nature and it is your responsibility to read all documentation associated with your insurance.
Our team here at Fiji Island Holidays know you have been doing it tough. Like all of you we can’t wait to get back to Fiji. We have been busy working behind the scenes with the resorts to have new contracts and gathering all updated information on what your favourites resorts have been doing during this time. We have been working with Tourism Fiji to be up to date with the Care Fiji Commitment and which resorts, transfer companies, and day tour operators are certified. We know who is 100% vaccinated and will support those to keep you, our clients safe.
We can’t wait to talk to you about your travels. Please be in touch. Remember if you are travelling in peak school holiday times many resorts are already quite booked up. It would be wise to talk to us soon. Email sales@fijiislands or call on +61 2 9979 2403
Vinaka and sote tale. Stay safe.
We can’t wait to talk to you.
Fiji Luxury Escapes, Adventure and Family Holidays
No-one knows the extraordinary Fiji Islands like we do! We are specialist Fiji travel agents and can organise every aspect of your holiday. Whether you’re planning a family holiday, tropical wedding, romantic escape or honeymoon, group holiday with friends and family, island cruise or corporate retreat, we can help. Be sure to check out our Fiji package deals and travel discounts.